HERNDON, VA – Eighteen private fleet truck drivers who have demonstrated high performance standards against their peer drivers throughout the country based on customer service, safety, adherence to company standards, regulatory compliance, and community service have been honored by the National Private Truck Council (NPTC) as National Driver All-Stars. The ceremony took place in conjunction with the group’s National Safety Conference earlier this month.
“These drivers embody all the characteristics, skills and attitudes that are the heart of what enables the private fleet to continue to deliver exceptional levels of customer service,” according to NPTC President and CEO Gary Petty. “They are ambassadors, not only for their company, but for the entire private fleet community. We are honored to recognize these private fleet drivers for meeting high performance standards in the fields of customer service, safety and compliance.”
NPTC initiated the National Driver All-Stars program in 2009 to recognize those drivers of NPTC fleet member companies based on how they perform against their own internal customer service metrics.
Specific measures of the recognition include:
- Customer service (uniform/appearance; on-time deliveries; attitude/conduct; customer feedback; loading/unloading; cooperation)
- Safety (number of DOT reportable accidents; number of OSHA reportable injuries; number of traffic violations verified by current MVR)
- Compliance with company standards (attendance, attendance at safety meetings, training, paperwork, etc.)
This year’s National Driver All-Stars are:
- Frederick Harris, ADM Trucking, Inc.
- Joey French, Baxter Healthcare Corporation
- Mark Manke, CPC Logistics, Inc. assigned to Bridgestone America Tire Operations, LLC
- Rick Flores, Frito Lay Transportation
- Jon Sikes, CPC Logistics, Inc. assigned to Hospira, Inc.
- Corwin Grace, Kellogg Company
- Ramon Woodworth, Kraft Foods, Inc.
- Steve Lamb, Maines Paper & Food Service
- Charles E. Shultz, Marathon Petroleum Company LP
- Franklin Wayne Smith, CPC Logistics, Inc. assigned to Moen, Incorporated
- Richard McDonald, CPC Logistics, Inc. assigned to National Gypsum Energy Corp.
- Todd Carlson, Schwans Consumer Brands
- Kenneth Green, Spartan Stores, Inc.
- John Daniel, True Value Company
- Mark Neamon, Upstate Niagara Cooperative, Inc.
- James Nivens, CPC Logistics, Inc. assigned to Walgreen Oshkosh, Inc.
- Richard Tafoya, Centerline Drivers, LLC assigned to Oakley, Inc.
- Fredrick Hammers, CVS/Caremark
Founded in 1939, the National Private Truck Council is the only national trade association exclusively representing the interests of the private truck industry and corporate/business private truck fleet management. NPTC is the premier marketplace of information, networking and skill building for private fleet professionals as it leads in shaping the future of corporate transportation.
For more information about the Council’s activities and programs, visit our website at www.nptc.org.