CPC Logistics, Inc. has an immediate opening for a Business Intelligence Developer in the Chesterfield, MO, area. The primary objectives for the BI Developer position will include development of data warehouse structures for reporting and end used consumption as well as development of meaningful and actionable visualizations such as dashboards and analytics.
We are looking for an individual with a proven track record of delivering quality solutions utilizing Microsoft BI stack and Microsoft Office applications. We welcome new ideas and technologies to effectively achieve business needs.
In this role you will be a part of a team that will include work in the following areas: Design, quality assurance and testing, user interface design, system interface design as well as maintaining any newly developed programming, along with currently deployed applications.
This individual will be a key technical resource, part of a small group responsible for software development and report writing at a medium size organization with a wide range of business users. This position reports to the Senior SQL Programmer/Developer. This position is located in CPC Logistics’ corporate office in Chesterfield MO, where the successful candidate will be required to report to daily, this is not a remote position.
Essential Job Duties include the following:
- Design, build, test and maintain Business Intelligence solutions that are stable and scalable to meet business needs
- Develop and maintain data visualizations and reports.
- Develop technical requirements and specifications for Business Intelligence applications
- Educate team members on Business Intelligence concepts and best practices
- Gather and define business requirements based upon analysis from multiple business leaders and users, across multiple business lines
- Supporting various custom software application and systems
- Clearly and effectively communicate business and technical information, both verbally and in writing
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities necessary in this role include:
- Extensive experience with developing Data visualizations, Dashboards and KPIs
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft’s BI Stack
- Understanding of relational database concepts with respect to views, procedures, functions, tables, indexes, joins etc.
- Solid understanding of data modeling concepts and standards
- Understanding of Multidimensional and Tabular SSAS models
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server (DB engine, transaction processing, business intelligence and analytics applications and other features/services)
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications
- Extensive Experience with Excel data manipulation (formulas, functions, VBA)
- Understanding data modeling standards
- Experience with use of Microsoft BI tools (Power BI, Power Pivot, Power Query, Tableau)
- Experience with Crystal Reports a plus
- Experience with SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) or Information Services (SSIS) is a plus
- Ability to assist with the design of redundant systems, policies, and procedures for disaster recovery to ensure effective availability, protection, and integrity of data assets
- Experience employing standard practices with regard to the application development lifecycle
- Should be able to troubleshoot issues related to performance, deployment, security, data integrity, configuration, etc.
- Maintain a functional understanding of the business core applications, data flow and processing cycles
- Demonstrate an aptitude to quickly and effectively adapt to new circumstances and technologies
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written at a business and technical level
- Must be able to write technical design specifications and document code development
- Desire to take on technical leadership responsibilities of database development projects across various teams in the organization
- Ability to work with different vendor constraints, requirements, and recommendations
- Ability to work on a team
- Ability to work independently with only general supervision
- Must have exceptional Organizational and Time Management skills
- Desire to learn and grow
- Ability to work extra hours as needed and recognize the need to do so
- Self-starter willing to take initiative
Minimum Education and Experience required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent technical experience required
- 3 Years of experience with Microsoft Business Intelligence Stack (experience with similar BI tools considered)
- 3 years of experience with SQL Server development (2008 thru 2016)
- 2 years of experience developing within Microsoft Office applications, namely Excel or Access
- Experience with XML, Web Services, HTML, VB.NET, VB Script, VBA or similar programming language experience a plus
If you are interested in this position, start the application process by filling in the short form below and and attaching a resume for consideration.
Please do NOT call. The Hiring Manager for this position will be reviewing resumes and completed applications only. You will be contacted if you are a potential candidate